To be able to have fun and post though, we need to establish some ground rules. Now, remember, you will not be punished for breaking a rule before it existed.
Here’s the rundown of all the rules, Do’s and Don’ts:
- Be Polite - Try to be respectful to other members, or at least be nice to them.
- Be kind - Even though you may not think it, a nice word or compliment can make someone’s day.
- Use the Search function - Trust me, it’ll grow up to be your best friend on the forum. It can be found on the top right corner.
- Stay on Topic - Don't hi-jack or derail threads with your own conversations. Saying a joke or something funny and then having 1 or 2 replies to it is fine, but starting at MMO’s and ending up at the next gaming console is not.
- Think Before you Write - Just like in your day-to-day life, think before you post a post, and make them sensible, well-thought-out, and in the correct section.
- Use the Report Button - Whenever you see somebody breaking a rule (even somebody from the staff), don’t hesitate to use this feature.
- Bump Threads - Do not reply to older threads that haven’t had posts in a while, unless you have something significant to add and don’t bump your own (or someone else’s) thread replies. If a thread hasn’t had a response since over 2 weeks, then you can make a new thread or bump it.
- Spam - any post that is like: +/-1, one word responses, TL;DR, memes, posts with only an image, double posts, etc.
- Reply to Spam or Flames - Don’t do it… ever. Just report them.
- Post threads in the Wrong Section - We have specific sections to make things easier to find.
- Be a Troll - There' a difference between being funny and being a troll.
- Flame - See "Be Polite" above. Insulting and baiting will not be tolerated.
- Call someone a troll - Calling a member of the forum a troll is an insult and will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.
- Advertise - It is allowed for you to have a link your personal site (non-commercial) in your signature, but not anywhere else on the forum.
- Post Duplicate Threads - Use the search function before posting a thread, to be sure it isn’t a duplicate. Remember, if a thread hasn’t had a reply since over 4 weeks then feel free to make a new one like it instead of bumping that ol’ thread.
- Misuse Money Linking Sites - Don’t use sites like adf.ly for anything other than a way for other people to download your own content. You must also always abide by the services TOS.
- Post hoaxes - Posting false information deliberately.
- Own Multiple Accounts - Only do this if you have a good reason, in which case you’ll have to contact staff before doing it.
- Don't bring up Religion - self-explanatory; leads to too much issues...
- Don't call any other user names; ranging from "idiot" to diverse swear words.
- Don’t swear or curse - Nobody likes it… Nobody. It’s against the rules and disrespectful.
- Be a racist - Nobody likes racism, no matter if about sex, nationality or anything else.
- Any references to malicious game modifications or clients with the potential to harm other users or servers
- Links or images that encourage users to perform a task so that the poster may be compensated financially.
- Sharing any material that is another individual’s work, but is being represented as original. Permission must be obtained from the original creator, and credit must be given, before including any element of that creator's work.
- Sharing or merely discussing any illegal content or games… ANY! (Including Emulators)
- Any offensive, pornographic, or obscene material;
- Overt sexually loaded comments or content;
- Discrimination against the age, race, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, or sexual orientation of another member.
- Spreading malicious content such as viruses
- If you see an infraction to the rules, report it. If you're not sure, report it anyway. There are no penalties if you're wrong
- Don't tell the offender you’re reporting them, it doesn't help the staff in any way and only leads to problems.
- Don't respond to spam, flames, and trolls, much less flame, troll or spam back. Ignore, report, move on
- If someone is breaking the rules in a post, report the post. Don’t report in their profile unless their profile itself is breaking the rules.
- When reporting a post please include a reason why you're reporting otherwise we can't deal with the report.
Warning points will be issued to offending post depending on severity of violation, when your warning points amass listed below the stated penalty will be imposed.
TOTAL WARNING POINT PENALTIES
1-2 Points: No Temporary Ban
3 Points: 2 Day Temporary Ban
4-6 Points: 7 Day Temporary Ban
7-9 Points: 15 Day Temporary Ban
10 Points: 30 Day Temporary Ban
Each warning point is cleared 30 days after the last warning point(s) were given to you, unless permanently banned..
If an account that you use is banned you are not permitted to use or create another account to go around the ban, even temporary bans.
APPEALING FOR UNFAIR PUNISHMENT
- Contact one of the moderators or admins via private message or email giving your reasoning as to why you wish to appeal your punishment.
- Be respectful. Calling us a bunch of crude things will lead to us not considering your claims and possibly harsher punishment. Be respectful.
- The staff will carefully consider your reason for appeal, and operate like a jury to reach a decision.
- We will respond to you with our decision and reasoning.
The Admins have the right to permanently ban a member if they think see it fit. The reason to do this would be if the member’s overall behavior is detrimental to the community.
Staff - The administrators and moderators are the ones who ensure the smooth and efficient running of the site. The staff reserves the right to take any necessary action appropriate in the given situation, regardless of whether there is a specific rule covering that situation or not. If there is a misunderstanding or argument, then please bring the issue up politely with that member of the staff privately. No matter what; the decision of the administration is final.
At the moment, we have a posting restrictions for just registered members (Pre-N00bs) until they have made 25 posts. These accounts have a limited signature, can’t use the Chatroom and are unable to have an avatar. We also have a filter in place that monitors posts for known scams and viruses. These restrictions have been made to help protect the forum and its members from spam.
SHEET MUSIC DOWNLOAD
Dear Musician, you need to be a member and have 5 Forum Posts to Download Sheets.
HELP AND SUPPORT
For anything having to do with help or support, don’t PM the Staff. The best way is to go into its respective section. (Support, Feedback) If you PM the stuff, it's unlikely that you'll get a reply.
That covers the rules. We hope you endured reading through it and will use it as a reference now-and-then.
There might be some changes to the rules, but you’ll be alerted of them.
We prefer to get contacted by email.
Barrier Reef Dr
San Pedro Town
social (at) n00bpwners.com
+1 501 226 4992
IMAGES & TRADEMARKS
All Photos, Screenshots and Logos belong to their respectful owners and are being used under Fair Copyright Law 107.
All visual content featured on this website are copyrighted to their respective rightful owners.
No infringement intended. Images and screen captures are believed to be posted within our rights according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act (title 17, U.S. Code.)
All our original content can be re-used under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License.
If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us to promptly remove upon receipt of notification.